The Stanley shampoo chair with bowl is a popular piece of salon equipment in beauty spas, barber shops, and hair salons. It is designed to provide a comfortable and efficient experience for both the client and the stylist.
In this article, we will explore the features and benefits of the Stanley backwash shampoo chair with bowl, as well as some of the best places to purchase it.
Table of Contents
Features of the Stanley Backwash Shampoo Chair with Bowl
The Stanley backwash shampoo chair with bowl is designed to provide a comfortable and efficient experience for both the client and the stylist. Some of its key features include:
Wide Tilt Angle Porcelain Bowl
The wide tilt angle porcelain bowl is designed to ensure that the client’s head is in the perfect place and that no spills occur. This feature is particularly important for clients who are getting their hair washed, as it ensures that water and shampoo do not get in their eyes or on their clothes.
Single Handle Faucet
The single handle faucet is easy to use and allows the stylist to control the water temperature and flow with ease. This feature is particularly important for clients who have sensitive scalps or who prefer a specific water temperature.
The Stanley backwash shampoo chair is designed to be comfortable for the client, with a padded seat and backrest that provide support and cushioning. This feature is particularly important for clients who are getting their hair washed for an extended period of time.
The adjustable footrest is designed to provide additional comfort for the client, allowing them to relax and put their feet up while their hair is being washed. This feature is particularly important for clients who have back or leg pain, as it helps to reduce pressure on these areas.
Benefits of the Stanley Backwash Shampoo Chair with Bowl
The Stanley offers a number of benefits for both the client and the stylist. Some of these benefits include:
- Comfort: The padded seat and backrest, as well as the adjustable footrest, provide a comfortable experience for the client. This can help to reduce stress and anxiety, making the hair-washing experience more enjoyable.
- Efficiency: The wide tilt angle porcelain bowl and single handle faucet make it easy for the stylist to wash the client’s hair quickly and efficiently. This can help to reduce wait times and increase the number of clients that can be served in a day.
- Safety: The wide tilt angle porcelain bowl is designed to prevent spills and ensure that the client’s head is in the perfect place. This can help to prevent accidents and injuries, making the hair washing experience safer for both the client and the stylist.
How to Use a Shampoo Chair and Bowl
1. Position the Client Comfortably Start by seating your client in the shampoo chair. Their comfort should be your topmost priority.
2. Adjust the Shampoo Chair Fine-tune the chair height based on your client’s stature. The chair’s adjustment contributes to the overall experience.
3. Position Head in Shampoo Bowl Gently lower the client’s neck to rest at the bowl’s rim. This positioning is vital for the following steps.
4. Adjust Shampoo Bowl for Comfort Make any necessary adjustments to the bowl to maximize the client’s comfort. Reconfirm their comfort before moving forward.
5. Test and Adjust Water Temperature Ensure the water temperature is just right—neither too hot nor too cold. The temperature greatly impacts the client’s comfort level.
6. Wet Hair Thoroughly Begin wetting the client’s hair, ensuring you avoid the face. A thorough wetting allows for better shampoo lathering.
7. Apply Shampoo and Lather Generously apply shampoo to the client’s hair. Create a rich lather using gentle, circular motions.
8. Rinse Shampoo Out Carefully Rinse the shampoo out, ensuring no residue remains. It’s critical to keep the water away from the client’s eyes and ears.
9. Apply Conditioner and Wait Work the conditioner into the hair, focusing on the ends. Allow it to sit for a few minutes to deeply moisturize.
10. Rinse Out Conditioner Rinse the conditioner from the client’s hair thoroughly. Make sure no traces of conditioner are left behind.
11. Towel-Dry Hair Gently After rinsing, gently towel-dry the hair to remove excess water. Be careful not to tug or pull the hair.
12. Assist Client Post-Wash Finally, help your client to sit up slowly. Ensure they are not dizzy or uncomfortable before they stand.
Things to Avoid When Using a Shampoo Chair
1. Uncomfortable Positioning Avoid positioning your client in a way that strains their neck or back. Inadequate support can lead to discomfort or injury.
2. Ignoring Client’s Comfort Never ignore the comfort of your client. Failing to adjust the chair or bowl to their comfort level can result in a poor experience.
3. Using Excessively Hot Water Refrain from using water that is too hot. It can be uncomfortable for the client and may even cause burns.
4. Neglecting Full Hair Coverage Don’t neglect any portion of the hair while shampooing and rinsing. Unwashed or improperly rinsed areas can leave the client unsatisfied.
5. Rough Handling Avoid handling the client’s hair too roughly when shampooing or drying. It can lead to hair damage and discomfort.
6. Leaving in Shampoo or Conditioner Ensure you rinse out all the shampoo and conditioner. Leaving the product in can cause scalp irritation and hair buildup.
7. Dripping Water into Client’s Face Avoid letting water drip into the client’s face or ears. This can create discomfort and spoil the overall experience.
8. Rushing the Process Do not rush the shampooing or rinsing process. This might not only result in a poor wash but also make the client feel rushed.
9. Standing Client Up Too Quickly Never make the client stand up too quickly post-wash. They might be dizzy or unsteady, which could lead to falls.
The Stanley Backwash Shampoo Chair with Bowl offers superior comfort, safety, and efficiency for salons and barbershops. It enhances the client-stylist interaction, leading to a remarkable hair washing experience. The chair’s key features – wide tilt porcelain bowl, single handle faucet, comfortable seat, and adjustable footrest – blend together to elevate client satisfaction and stylist performance.
By avoiding common pitfalls like discomfort from water spillage or rushed service, stylists can provide a standout experience that clients will remember. The Stanley chair thus stands as an indispensable tool for any salon aiming for excellence. We are happy to help you upgrade your chair and provide the best service to your customers today!