The UV Sterilizer and Germicidal Cabinet offers a simple way to keep instruments clean and germ-free. The compact design can be kept on a tabletop near your work area or it can be mounted to the wall. (Hardware for wall mounting is not included) The cabinet is ideal for salons and spas, where access to sterile tools is an important part of the business. The UV cabinet uses a special light to sterilize the area within and anything placed into the unit. For the best results, all tools should be thoroughly cleaned before placing them in the sterilizer cabinet. A wire rack is included for convenience and the cabinet's door is semi-transparent to allow for viewing of the contents without opening the door. The unit has a left-sided hinge and simple controls for operation.IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Some customers have asked can UV sterilizers be used to clean masks and N95 respirator face masks for re-use? While not an ideal scenario, the National Institute for Occupational Safety has done a study that concludes ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) to be one of the most promising methods for decontamination and one of the only methods that did not cause any observable physical changes to N95 filtering facepiece respirators (FFRs). The complete study can be found here.
Benefits of UV light for sterilization
• Ultra Violet light bulb kills most forms of bacteria without harsh chemicals
• UV Light sterilization is Non-Toxic and extremely effective
• UV Light kills Pathogens without immunity
• Provides Sanitary environment for tools, implements and other items
• Sterilizes items in approximately 30-40 minutes
• Sterilization cabinet is small enough to fit on any desk or table top at home or the office
• Germicidal lamp is a Low-Pressure Mercury-Arc lamps that emits radiation peaking at 253.7nm (UV-C).